- 03-Feb-2017 to 04-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Sweetwater, TN, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Benefits Package
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
CAD OPERATOR- The objective of this role is to allow seamless business integration between Engineering, Marketing, and Manufacturing. The CAD Operator is responsible for a variety of functions in addition to generating drawings. The candidate must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple simultaneous projects. This individual must also be a self starter and be resourceful. When faced with design decisions that he/she is not comfortable making he/she should be present multiple options with the backup information to support what they believe is the best approach and why it is the best approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with CAD systems creating, modifying, and releasing models and drawings for use by other departments and customers.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information.
- Self-check own work for completeness, accuracy, meeting standards, fits and stack-ups.
- May be responsible for some design elements.
- Work from drawings, sketches or scanned images, customer drawings, or specifications.
- Develop and maintain BOM's and part information database.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Degree from a recognized training facility with 0-1 years experience or 1-3 years experience using CAD systems
- Solidworks, AutoCad
- Solid Modelling proficiency
- Drawing file management
- Excel Spreadsheet development and enhancement
- Standard cost systems
- BOM development and revision
- Cost analysis
- Sales and Manufacturing drawing development
- Tooling drawing development
- Electronic data system management
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- FEA Model development
- Product Design
EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran