- 10-Jan-2017 to 11-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Newberry, SC, USA
- Full Time
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
QUALITY TECHNICIAN- The objective of this role is to allow seamless business practices between MacLean Power Systems and internal and external customers. The candidate will conduct quality control checks on finished product and confirm that quality specifications have been met. The role will also conduct incoming inspection on raw materials, components, and custom parts to ensure the purchased item meets quality specifications upon receipt. Quality Control Technician will also verify that product meets all necessary standards, as well as making sure that all internal or customer assembly standards are being met by all production assembly personnel. In this role, the technician will provide quality guidance to the production personnel to ensure quality at the source is being maintained, and will also assist with training current and new team members on quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and report on the status of the following items: Total Quality Policy performance as defined by the Strategic plan, continuous quality improvement efforts, effective problem solving and corrective action system.
- Maintain quality records and documents verifying conformance to specifications.
- Promote employee involvement and participation in continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide cross-functional leadership in the generation and implementation of a documented Quality System, including ISO 9000 efforts.
- Review and approve engineering drawings and control plans
- Facilitate in the development and implementation of the Standard Operation Procedures and Quality Inspection Instructions that he/she may use.
- Perform tensile tests and other customer tests as needed.
- Create gauges for production use
- Maintain calibrate, certify gauges and measuring instruments and control the MPS Calibration System
- Assist in performing inspection activities