- 09-Jan-2017 to 10-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Pelham, AL, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Benefits Package
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER- The objective of this role is to allow seamless business practices between MacLean Power Systems and internal and external customers. This candidate will be responsible for managing the demand and supply planning process and performance monitoring within manufacturing plants and related purchased finished goods areas. This role will manage cross functional communications and facilitate integration between functions for a forward looking demand and supply planning environment. This position develops manufacturing requirements via forecasting and/or customer's orders and schedules factories to produce the requirements effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and present concise accurate data for the demand, supply, inventory and financial planning process for Sales & Operations Planning meetings.
- Manage Supply Chain personnel such as Planners, Analysts, etc.
- Ensure consistent, continuous monitoring of manufacturing activity and performance data in the related plants.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Operations Management to develop credible consensus demand, supply, and inventory plans which are within demonstrated capacities, budget and inventory targets.
- Communicate proactively to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner regarding current and/or potential future demand and/or supply performance issues or misalignments (schedule feasibility, capacity imbalances, excess inventory, etc.).
- Ensure supply plans generate credible master production schedules by identifying and resolving supply-demand imbalances.
- Coordinate with plant materials organizations as necessary.
- Manage demand planning process. Ensure product promotions, product launches and product discontinuations, etc. are included.
- Manage and ensure execution of the demand and supply planning process to meet or exceed annual objectives for Key Performance Indicators.
- Prepare and present data analyses and summary presentations to senior management as needed.
- Utilize SAP or other appropriate ERP systems to gather and analyze supply chain related processes and data.
- Establish and use best practices to create forecasts, plans and inventory targets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess analytical ability
- Computer literate with strong spreadsheet analysis skills.
- English is required.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, members of the business community, employees or managers.
- Ability to write complex and confidential correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to clients, public groups, boards of directors, employees, management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions either furnished or created in written/oral form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in high stress situations.
- Detail oriented with multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Directly supervises the Supply Chain function.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; mentoring employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and maintaining harmony among employees and resolving grievances.
- Prepares necessary reports to analyze and track performance.
- Maintains good housekeeping of area and ensures safe work environment for all employees.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- APICS certification
- Minimum 5 - 8 years experience in supply chain and materials management including S&OP, demand and supply planning, master and detailed scheduling, and procurement in a complex manufacturing discrete and /or process manufacturing environment
- 3 5 years experience in a supervisory or management capacity
- High level of proficiency in the use of SAP or similar type of ERP systems
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications preferred
- Also desired is a strong knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues and advanced proficiency in SAP or similar ERP systems
EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran