- 01-Aug-2016 to 30-Dec-2020 (EST)
- Chesterfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits Package Available
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER- Responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of the division's safety and environmental program. Works to instill a proactive culture where safety is a priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Safety Management Team in the overall EHS process implementation and oversight.
- Head up and sustain a company culture and environment where safety is priority.
- Develop and sustain systems to drive compliance, continuous injury reduction and environmental safety performance.
- Coach and counsel employees in EHS responsibilities.
- Coach and oversee plant health and safety teams.
- Maintain working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental health and safety. regulations and identify all requirements that apply or may apply to the organization.
- Oversee compliance to all OSHA and State Safety Regulations and support compliance of TS-16949 certification pertaining to company operations.
- Reviews internal EHS policies and practices, conducts hazard and risk assessments towards the identification and mitigation of risks.
- Develop, review and conduct EHS related training.
- Leads investigations of EHS incidents, root cause analysis, and item closure tracking.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Establish permanent Health and Safety files for plant.
- Participate in continuing professional education, staying current and competent in the respective EHS profession.
- BS in Safety Science, Environmental Science or related Safety field.
- At least 5 years experience in safety and health or related field within a manufacturing environment.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated safety engineering experience in manufacturing.
- Safety regulatory compliance experience.
- Industrial hygiene experience/background.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State and related regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated success with passion for change and relentless focus on execution.