Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
TEAM LEADER- The objective of this role is to support and assist the production Manager and Supervisors in managing employees and production. Must be team oriented, good interpersonal skills, organized and self motivated.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and quality policies and procedures
- Ensures all production records are done completley and accuratley
- Liaises between team and production supervisor/manager
- Assests in training of team members
- Reassigns team members due to absences or production needs
- Assists in resolving conflicts within the team
- Assists in informing team of goals, results and MacLean policies and procedures
- Assists in maintaining communication between shifts
- Communicates with other teams and support departments as needed
- Assists with data collection and reporting
- Assists with resolving technical and quality issues
- Maintains time and attendance
- Ensures all work Stations stay full of components for building process
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to read, write clearly.
- Ability to express problems, ideas and solutions to management and co-workers.
- Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to count accurately and use a calculator to aid in necessary calculations.
- Must be able to copy numbers accurately.
- Ability to identify problems and communicate all related information.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions either furnished or created in written/oral form.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must possess good written/verbal communication skills.
- Posess basic computer skills.
- Detail oriented with multi-tasking abilities.
- Will supervisor production employees directly.
- Answering questions, problem solving, and resolving conflicts.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Assist with Lean or MacLean Manufacturing System implementation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are Manufacturing/Warehouse level needs are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is always required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
EOE – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran