- 06-Jan-2017 to 10-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Royal Oak, MI, USA
- Full Time
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
QUALITY ENGINEER- The Quality Engineer coordinates all TS16949 activities including audit team activities and other reasonable activities as may be assigned by the Quality Assurance Manger including customer concerns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow up on TS16949 related activities
- Manage Internal Audit system and follow up corrective actions
- Oversee/Maintain master documents, including a master list
- Assist departments with development of documentation
- Maintain lab manual and lab procedures
- Manage the supplier development program as it relates to supplier quality assessments, maintaining/monitoring key measurable and all supplier corrective activities.
- Manage yearly product dimensional and material validations
- Handle customer complaints/concerns as required and all associated activities such as; containment, sorting, corrective action follow-up and developing a working relationship.
- Any related document filing activities and report generation
- Review and update related procedure, forms or documents as appropriate.
- Provide training as needed
- Other reasonable activities as may be assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certified Quality Technician (CQT) or Engineer (CQE) or equivalent quality assurance experience is required.
- A college technical degree is required or a minimum of four (4) years QS9000 experience as follows; internal audits, procedure writing, APQP, PAPP, MSA, control plans, flow charts, FMEA, SPC, Guage R&R and 8D corrective action problem solving.
- Internal or Lead auditor training is required.
- Experience is preferred in supplier development activities.