- 20-Jan-2017 to 10-Mar-2021 (EST)
- Royal Oak, MI, USA
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
WELLNESS COORDINATOR- organizes and administers preventative wellness initiatives to employees designed to encourage, educate and engage employees and spouses in healthy lifestyle behaviors that reduce risk factors. Wellness services are provided within the boundaries of the State Nurse Practice Act, other legal and regulatory guidelines as well as Company policies. This person must have an interest in interacting respectfully employees and spouses to promote general health by emphasizing the principles of screening, prevention and health consumerism.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Coordinator's assigned location's Human Resources Manager and guidance from the company's wellness program providers:
- Performs routine screening exams. including fingerstick and/or phlebotomy, blood pressure measurement and measurement of routine vital signs.
- Establishes a HIPAA compliant environment by maintaining patient confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information secured. Provide HIPAA educational intervention and support on an individual and group basis as needed.
- Promotes employee awareness by establishing health and wellness related goals and supporting people in their efforts to change; teaching employees and families to understand basic conditions, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Delivers workshops and training to employee participants.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to professional standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations as applicable.
- Maintains a clean work environment using basic infection controlpractices with collaboration from site housekeeping staff.
- Protects employees and spouses by adhering to infection-control protocols and notifications.
- Documents client care services by entering appropriate notes in wellness provider's coaching and biometric records (manual/electronic data base).
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; after appropriate approval. places and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among wellness team members by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Performs other duties as directed and assigned by management.
An RN or other qualified individual who has competencies in the areas of preventive health screening, results review, health coaching skills and corporate health promotion.
OPTIONAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (AS ASSIGNED):
- Assist swith occupational and non-occupational injury and illness cases when available.
- Provides CPRJAED/First Aid training for a Medical Emergency Response Team to provide immediate care to an injured or ill employee
- Coordinates and offers flu vaccine with signed physician directives.
- Maintains site Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program, including training for a Medical Emergency Response Team.