- 10-Feb-2017 to 15-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Buffalo, NY, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive benefit and 401K program
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
MANUFACTURING PROJECT ENGINEER- hands-on engineering position that will directly support the manufacturing processes through continuous improvement, technical problem solving, automation and process design. The incumbent is in charge of designated engineering projects that have significant business impact at the division; also responsible for planning, administering and completing assigned projects, which may cross several functional areas, such as engineering, operations, administration, quality assurance, customers and vendors. Assignments may vary in length and complexity. May supervise staff and provide direction to individuals supporting a project. The incumbent may manage the development and introduction of new products with an emphasis on overseeing such things as capital equipment purchases or APQP process and other engineering based projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and facilitate division Project Management as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
- Design and review customer designs for new product projects as customer needs and requirements dictate; establish design goals related to product engineering.
- Coordinate with vendors and customers to ensure product designs meet internal and external expectations and equipment needs are addressed and purchased if required.
- Manage projects requiring the delivery of prototypes and product samples to customers.
- Process Machines, Maintenance tools, Electrical Equipment
- Analyze and determine the manufacturing processes necessary to produce new and current parts within cost and quality specifications.
- Ensure all project files including customer designated documents are maintained.
- Manage area specific system procedures.
- Follow all Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Other duties may be assigned and required
- Must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Must prepare and present plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Must be able to assist General Manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Ability to read analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced modern algebra, trigonometry, and geometry required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, fluctuating cold, and heat when working in the manufacturing area.
- The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet, while in the manufacturing plant the noise level is very loud.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Must have Computer Assisted Design (CAD) experience - Cadkey preferred.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Experience with PLC's, cellular manufacturing concepts.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Employee training.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
- Product development.
- Quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.